Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Family Project: Honduras 2014

This is an excerpt from our partnership request letters that went out this past week... If you are interested in becoming a partner, please comment below and I can mail you a packet.

Thank you for your interest in our trip and for giving us the chance to share with you our hearts!!



Nine years and eight trips ago, I sat in a little town on the shore of Lake Atitlán in Guatemala and I was emotionally broken. Here I was, witnessing God working through my life and falling in love with ministry to the nationals, in a country I had never been to, and all I wanted was for my family to share that experience with me. At the time, an 11 month old Jaedyn, Hannah, who had just celebrated her third birthday, and my “big kid”, four-year-old Michael were under the care of my amazingly understanding husband back in Florida. I knew that a trip to a foreign country with small children wasn’t going to happen soon, but I started dreaming of the day that they would all be there by my side. 

Fast forward to 2011, my first dream became a reality when Mike joined me in La República Dominicana (Dominican Republic). It was during our time there that he and I knew that we needed to start praying about introducing our kids into what was becoming our passion for the lost and the countries of the world. 

Nine years of dreaming and three years of actively praying have finally come together. This summer, the ENTIRE Branda family will be joining our international church family, Every Nation, and their Ten Days Missions organization in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. To say we are excited, might be the understatement of our 2014.

We will be in Tegucigalpa, June 4 - 14, and while schedules are still being finalized, we know that our biggest mission is to go and bless the local church. Every Nation Ministries is a global family of churches that exist to honor God by establishing Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered, socially responsible churches and campus ministries in every nation. Since 1994, Every Nation has had a heart for ministering to college campuses and planting churches all over the world. Last summer, as I was a part of a huge national crusade and revival in Honduras, Every Nation planted their first Honduran church in Tegucigalpa. I had the opportunity to meet Pastor Rigoberto just before his church launched last summer and it is his church that we are coming along side of and encouraging. 

For nine years, my kids have sacrificed time and vacations in order for me to go and minister around the world. Now, my kids get to come and see what their sacrifice has been for since we will be in the same area that I was in last summer. You have an opportunity of partnering with us as we continue to minister to the Hondurans in Tegucigalpa. 

The total cost for our entire family is $10,000. That equates to $200 a day for each one of us. Would you consider being a day partner for $200, a half-day partner for $100, or even a full-day family partner for $1000?  We need people to come along side of us and join us in this adventure. Not just financially, but prayerfully as well. 

If you choose to join our team with a gift of $100, $200, $1000, or whatever you feel you can do, you have two options to donate. You can enclose a check with your response card. Please make the check out to our home church, Trinity New Life Church. The other options is that you can give securely at http://pushpay.com/kiosk/trinitynewlife Choose the reference, MISSIONS. Both of those are tax-deductible ways to partner along side of us. 

Thank you for joining along side my family and becoming a part of this exciting adventure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment